Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Immigrants in Our Own Land" Response

      My relationship with my school isn't what you'd call your typical "match made in heaven". Now don't get me wrong, I have no problems with this school, but I don't have any connections with it either. I usually just come to school, do my work, then leave. I socialize with a few of my friends but other than that my days at school are pretty basic and boring. Every now and then I will have a bit more of an exciting day which, compared to my normal days, isn't much of an improvement. Now, when there were fights and lock downs, that was a very unordinary experience. I was surprised with the students, and I honestly was a bit scared and most people were. Once everything got back to the usual, we all went back to our routines. I wouldn't say that I hate my school, it's truly not bad at all. But every once in a while something will happen that makes you question your idea of things.

      I am a proud native. I'll tell anyone, I love my background. I mean yes, sometimes we do something stupid, but that only means we are human. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has their golden moments. No one should be ashamed of their roots. You are you, embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment